PC 1 Acupuncture Point - Tian Chi - Pericardium Meridian
- Chinese Name Tian Chi
- English Name Celestial Pool
- Location: 1 cun lateral to the nipple in the 4th ICS.
- Precautions: No Deep Needle.
- Point Associations:
- Window of the Sky Point
- Intersection Point of the PC & GB Channels
- Actions & Effects:
- Window of the Sky Point, fullness of the chest, counterflow qi, headache, axillary sweating, blurred vision.
- Breast disorders, insufficient lactation.
- Pericardium Meridian Points (9):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Ferro, Barbara: New England School of Acupuncture, Point Location Lecture Notes
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Actions & Effects Lecture Notes
For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are below: