PC 6 Acupuncture Point - Nei Guan - Pericardium Meridian
- Chinese Name Nei Guan
English Name Inner Pass
Location: 2 cun above the wrist crease between the tendons of palmaris longus and flexor carpi radialis.
- Point Associations:
- Luo Connecting Point
Yin Wei Master Point couple with SP 4
- Actions & Effects:
- Similar to PC 3 but more for Chronic Heart symptoms from Qi stagnation.
- Opens and relaxes the chest, chest tightness, asthma, angina, palpitations.
- Insomnia a/or other spirit disorders of an excess or deficient nature, mania, nervousness, stress, poor memory.
- Nausea, seasickness, motion sickness, vomiting, epigastric pain.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Pericardium Meridian Points (9):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Ferro, Barbara: New England School of Acupuncture, Point Location Lecture Notes
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Actions & Effects Lecture Notes
For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are below: