Chattanooga Community Meditation Sessions
In addition to our other community health offerings, the Yin Yang House Wellness Center is now offering meditation. These are walk-in and by donation, meditation sessions that are open to the public - no appointment is necessary. The format is a 25 minute silent meditation that may be followed by a brief spiritual reading from Christian, Buddhist, and other sources. The sessions are non-denominational and the meditation methods you use are your choice. We are simply making our space available for people to gain balance and personal awakening.
If you are completely unfamiliar with meditation you should start by reading my article, Introduction to Meditation. From a Christian perspective we have a new website Contemplative Christian Living which discusses meditation in that context. Of particular interest is the how to meditate article. If you have questions about meditation or about specific techniques such as the Christian Centering Prayer, Zen Meditation, etc., feel free to contact us.
The sessions are offered as follows:
- Tuesdays 7:00pm - 7:30pm (following qigong); followed by our Centering Prayer Study Group (all are welcome to stay)
- Thursdays 7:30pm - 8:00pm (following tai chi)
- Please arrive on time for all classes.
- Before coming, please check the upcoming events block on the right for each week to be certain we are offering the class you are interested in.
- Chairs are available for the meditation sessions - if you would like a cushion, please bring your own.