Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy for Migraines
Tong Ren Therapy is a form of energy healing developed by the prominent Boston area acupuncturist and healer, Master Tom Tam. Tong Ren was originally developed to aid in the treatment of cancer, but has been extended to treat a broad range of conditions. Tong Ren classes are now offered around the world.
The clinical success of Tong Ren Therapy is due in part to the precise and scientific focus on particular areas of the body for a particular condition. The Tam Healing System utilizes information from both western and eastern medicine as well as a vast amount of clinical experience to develop these treatment protocols.
The areas and points listed below are those that are commonly found blocked in people with migraines. The system focuses on the scalp and Huatuojiaji points along the spine. You may use acupuncture, massage and/or the tong ren to focus on the following areas for healing. For details about the system consider reading Tong Ren Therapy: Beyond Acupuncture. A full list of conditions with treatment points is available in A Lazy Bum's Healing: Tong Ren Therapy Cross Reference - both are available in our book store:
- Main Points:
- C1 - opens top of head, motor cortex area, and frees circulation between the head and neck
- C2 - opens frontal lobe area, and frees circulation between the head and neck
- Taiyang - commonly used points for headaches, particularly when there is vascular involvement
- TH 16 - sky window point, effects circulation in the vertebral and occipital arteries, improve the circulation between the head and the body, balance eye pressure
- Secondary Points:
- LV 3 - resolve liver qi stagnation, improve energy circulation
- LI 4 - clears problems in the face and head and works with LV 3 to open energy circulation overall ("the four gates")
- GV 20 - opens the circulation in the head, motor cortex
- GB 20 - clears the head, improves circulation between head and body
- Ashi Point - wherever people experience pain (i.e. local point)