Chen Xiang (Aloeswood) - Chinese Herbal Medicine
Clinical Usage and Indications
- Promotes the movement of Qi, alleviates pain - distention and pain in abdominal region due to cold from deficiency or blood stasis.
- Directs rebellious Qi downward - excess/deficiency wheezing, vomiting, belching, hiccups due to cold from deficiency of the middle jiao.
- Helps the kidneys grasp Qi - asthma and wheezing.
Functional Groups (Click for Summary/Study Notes)
Dosage and Preparation Notes
- Dosage: 1.5-3g (use in powder, do not decoct)
Cautions and ContraindicationsThere are currently no contraindications listed.
Staff Clinician Notes
There are no additional notes for this herb.
Herbal Formulas Which Include This Herb
Below you will find Traditional Chinese Medicine herbal formulas which contain this particular herb (in alphabetical order). You may click on the name of the formula for more details or click on any of the products from our store to read usage information or purchase a particular formula.
Most often used for childhood convulsions (possibly with wheezing, nausea, nighttime crying, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive mucus/saliva) or other conditions that involve fever, impaired or loss of consciousness, irritability, restlessness such as seizure disorders, meningitis, measles, and gastroenteritis among others.
Related Products Available From Our Store
- Zhong Feng Hui Chun Wan - Stroke Recovery, Bell's Palsy, Childhood Convulsions...