She Xiang (Navel Gland Secretions of Musk Deer) - Chinese Herbal Medicine
Clinical Usage and Indications
- Opens the orifices, revives the spirit, unblocks closed disorders (a wide variety of problems that impair consciousness) - heat entering the pericardium, convulsions, delirium, stupor fainting, closed disorders, tetanic collapse, phlegm collapse, seizures.
- Invigorates the blood, dissipates clumps, reduces swelling, alleviates pain - toxic sores, carbuncles, fixed masses, channel obstructions due to trauma.
Functional Groups (Click for Summary/Study Notes)
Dosage and Preparation Notes
- Dosage: 0.06-0.15g in pills, powders
Cautions and Contraindications
- Do not use during pregnancy.
Staff Clinician Notes
There are no additional notes for this herb.
Herbal Formulas Which Include This Herb
Below you will find Traditional Chinese Medicine herbal formulas which contain this particular herb (in alphabetical order). You may click on the name of the formula for more details or click on any of the products from our store to read usage information or purchase a particular formula.
Most often used for childhood convulsions (possibly with wheezing, nausea, nighttime crying, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive mucus/saliva) or other conditions that involve fever, impaired or loss of consciousness, irritability, restlessness such as seizure disorders, meningitis, measles, and gastroenteritis among others.
Related Products Available From Our Store
- Zhong Feng Hui Chun Wan - Stroke Recovery, Bell's Palsy, Childhood Convulsions...