Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy for ADD/ADHD
Tong Ren Therapy is a form of energy healing developed by the prominent Boston area acupuncturist and healer, Master Tom Tam. Tong Ren was originally developed to aid in the treatment of cancer, but has been extended to treat a broad range of conditions. Tong Ren classes are now offered around the world.
The clinical success of Tong Ren Therapy is due in part to the precise and scientific focus on particular areas of the body for a particular condition. The Tam Healing System utilizes information from both western and eastern medicine as well as a vast amount of clinical experience to develop these treatment protocols.
The areas and points listed below are those that are commonly found blocked in adults and children with add/adhd symptoms and focus/concentration related imbalances. The system focuses on the scalp and Huatuojiaji points along the spine. You may use acupuncture, massage and/or the tong ren to focus on the following areas for healing. For details about the system consider reading the Tom Tam Healing System textbook. A full list of conditions with treatment points is available in A Lazy Bum's Healing: Tong Ren Therapy Cross Reference - both are available in our book store:
- Main Points:
- C2 (left side) - effect frontal lobe (right side tends to be more for anxiety/depression and left side tends to be more for focus/concentration related issues).
- GB 13 (left side) - effect frontal lobe.
- LI 18 (left side) - open sky window area (circulation to the brain).
- Secondary Points:
- SI 16 - open sky window area (circulation to the brain).
- TH 16 - open sky window area (circulation to the brain).
- LV 3 - resolve liver qi stagnation, improve energy circulation
- T5 - useful for any emotional heart/psychological related conditions
- Yiming - open sky window area (circulation to head)
Listed in our conditions treated section under »