Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis
Tong Ren Therapy is a form of energy healing developed by the prominent Boston area acupuncturist and healer, Master Tom Tam. Tong Ren was originally developed to aid in the treatment of cancer, but has been extended to treat a broad range of conditions. Tong Ren classes are now offered around the world.
The clinical success of Tong Ren Therapy is due in part to the precise and scientific focus on particular areas of the body for a particular condition. The Tam Healing System utilizes information from both western and eastern medicine as well as a vast amount of clinical experience to develop these treatment protocols.
The areas and points listed below are those that are commonly found blocked in people with multiple sclerosis. The system focuses on the scalp and Huatuojiaji points along the spine. You may use acupuncture, massage and/or the tong ren to focus on the following areas for healing. For details about the system consider reading the Tom Tam Healing System text. A full list of conditions with treatment points is available in A Lazy Bum's Healing: Tong Ren Therapy Cross Reference - both are available in our book store:
- Main Points:
- T1 (both, or side most sore) - effect the bone marrow for auto-immune component of MS
- T2 (both, or side most sore) - effect the thymus gland/immune system for auto-immune component of MS
- Tian Dong (both, or side most sore) - open sky window area, effect vertebral artery circulation
- SI 16 - Used with tian dong to effect the circulation in the vertebral and occipital arteries
- KD 26 - open circulation in the chest
- Secondary Points:
- C1 (both, or side opposite the side having the majority of issues - if applicable) - improve circulation between the brain and the body.
- UB 9 (both, or side most sore) - effect the cerebellum (muscle control/coordination)
- GB 19 (both, or side most sore) - effect the visual cortex (muscle control/coordination)
- TH 16 - sky window point, improve the circulation between the head and the body, effect vertebral and occipital arteries
- ST 36 - tonify overall qi and blood in the body
Listed in our conditions treated section under »