Curing recurring UTI

forum post

Curing recurring UTI

Published on 04-25-2016

"anon2653" - this is their first post.

Hi! I have a case of a recurring UTI that is getting worse. My last urine results showed 100,000 bad bacteria in my system. I’ve taken antibiotics twice this year and I refused to take them for the 3rd time even though the doctor recommended them. I used to feel light itching and now it’s more intense and starting to burn lightly. I would really like to know of alternative methods for curing this. Any help would be gratefully appreciated!! Thanks!

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: urinary tract infection (uti)

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "anon58484"
on Apr 2016

This is a home remedy that has worked for me.

Ingredients
Apple cider vinager (it must have “Mother” written on the label. Bragg apple cider vinegar is what I used.)

100% cranberry juice. No sugar added.

Cranberry supplements

Directions:
Mix 2 tablespoons vinegar with 6 oz cranberry juice chug it fast. Take two cranberry supplements.

Getting the symptoms under control is step 1.
Chug the vinegar and cranberry juice mixture and two cranberry supplements Every 2 hours until you can use bathroom pain free.

Making sure all bacteria is gone is step 2.
When pain free, you can back off every two hours to every 3-4 hours. Depending on the severity of the infection, you might need to chug the mixture 3 times/day for 2 or 3 days, before tapering to 2 times/day, then 1 time/day.

I’m not Doctor therefore, have urine tested to verify all bacteria is gone. I can say, if symptoms are gone, doesn’t mean the infection is gone.

Hopefully this remedy will work as well for you as it did me.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Apr 2016

You will always be best served by seeing an acupuncturist and getting proper treatment. For UTI’s there are two Chinese herbal formulas and either one or both of them in some cases work extremely well. They are listed on our UTI natural treatment options page. Of the two san jin wan is probably the most widely used, but again, there are potentially multi faceted factors involved in chronic uti’s, so seeing a practitioner and if appropriate getting tailored Chinese herbal medicine will yield the best results.

In my clinical experience not only are UTI’s fairly easy to resolve, when treated properly the chronic experience seems to stop completely.

top Login/Comment

comment by "StephenS" (acupuncturist)
on Apr 2016

If you have a juicer (not a vitamix or ninja style blender) you can try two glasses of pure watermelon juice per day. The white of the rind is the most potent part.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics