Depression Treatment

forum post

Depression Treatment

Published on 10-27-2007

"zafarcs" has authored 9 other posts.

Hi everyone,

I am diagnosed depression and I used that protocol provided in this site for depression, the first one, it really helped me, i got very very relaxed and with no fear. But i find it very tough, talking to the people, expressing myself, discussing issues, engage in conversation with the people and most of the times i experience uncomfortable feelings in my upper chest i have had full body check up body is functioning absolutely fine. Actually i find my spirit very dull, i am missing feelings of contentment.

Actually i am a software engineer thats why i need to talk to the people, doing presentations and my job required a lots of discussions, that i am finding very very tough.

Previously i have used LIV-1 point that helps but i used it individually not with any protocol so i did not continue using that point.

If any one can help me out with this, i will be so grateful.

Zafer

This post has the following associations:

Acupoints: gb 13, si 16

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Oct 2007

What you are describing is often called social anxiety and is quite common. It's essentially the same brain chemistry issues as depression, generalized anxiety, etc.

As it appears you are treating yourself, I would first caution against that. While the protocol may have helped, it is quite hard to diagnose and treat yourself correctly, particularly with psycho-emotional issues. It would be to your benefit to see a qualified practitioner and receive treatments from them, perhaps also using acupressure techniques on yourself per their recommendations.

When I treat these issues, I focus on the points as laid out in my teachers system, the Tam Healing System. For depression I have outlined them within the conditions section -

You can use massage/pressure on the right side of C2, GB 13 on the right side, and SI 16 on the right side as well. In clinical reality you would work on whichever side is most painful - both if there is little difference. Generally, however, these issues show up on the right side more often than not.

top Login/Comment

comment by "zafarcs"
on Nov 2007

Thanks you very much for your reply.

I have looked for acupuncture professionals at my place but i could not find any here. The condition i have told you in my previous post is the remaining issues after using the depression protocol provided at this site, the protocol i have used is,

# LV 3 - harmonize LV
# LI 4 - four gates w/LV 3 above
# ST 36 - tonify Qi
# HT 7 - calm spirit
# GV 20 - clear the mind. So i thought i should tell you the total situation.

After using these points most of the issues have gone but i still feel social anxiety and general anxiety.

Since i have been diagnosed depression i changed my lifestyle completely, i eat well, do not take any type of stimulants, try to have fruits and vegetables more often. I do regular exercise, i do regular meditation and daily aerobics. I have been with this life style for 1 year. Things have got a lot better but still some issues left.

As i told you about my Social Anxiety Disorder apart from that i feel my self very edgy and irritated, anything can irritate me any time and some times i feel irritated for no reason. Any one say something wrong to me and i start feeling very very down suddenly. Bad thoughts keep coming into my mind and i keep getting irritated and feared. Whenever i think of doing something i start feeling anxiety so everything whether small or big seems very tough for me. Sometimes i find it difficult to sleep but with the help of exercise and ragular meditation i almost got control of it.

Your expert suggestions will be more helpful.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Nov 2007

In addition to the points you are already using try using those I mentioned in the latter part of my previous comment:

"You can use massage/pressure on the right side of C2, GB 13 on the right side, and SI 16 on the right side as well. In clinical reality you would work on whichever side is most painful - both if there is little difference. Generally, however, these issues show up on the right side more often than not."

It will be best if you can have a friend or family member massage these areas rather than yourself. They will be painful and it is hard to give the appropriate level of stimulation to yourself. As you work on opening these areas, you should feel quite a bit better. Generally as the pain from stimulation of these points decreases or overall condition should improve.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics