Does repitive acupuncture pattern lose effectiveness?

forum post

Does repitive acupuncture pattern lose effectiveness?

Published on 11-30-2013

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

Hello,

I am new to this forum and have a question. I have suffered from severe anxiety for 20 years (I'm 32 now). I have been getting acupuncture done for the past six months in this pattern:

Each leg, top of calf

Two in a line above belly button

Each arm, crook of elbow

Each arm, wrist

Each hand, place between thumb and finger

One on top of the head

I started twice a week and was eventually able to get down to once every 12 days. My anxiety has come back with full force and I am not finding any relief with my acupuncture anymore.

Does anyone know if eventually the same pattern loses effectiveness and if so, is there a pattern you recommend? If you give me the actual names for the location I can print this off and give to my chiropractor.

Thank you in advance!

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Dec 2013

Those points don&#39t seem at all appropriate for anxiety - they are more for dampness and the digestive imbalances that cause that condition in Chinese terms which might be helpful to you in some ways but not for you as a whole. One thing that stands out is you are seeing a chiropractor for acupuncture - while there are exceptions to this, this is something I strongly do not recommend. In some areas chiropractors can practice with a disturbingly low amount of training with regards to Chinese Medicine. This generally leads to very lackluster results, particularly in things outside of trivial pain cases. The very fact that you are getting the exact same treatment time and time again (and too often I might add) is indicative of poor training. If you I misunderstood your question and you are seeing a fully trained and licensed acupuncturist - then see a different one.

If you consult a fully trained Chinese Medicine practitioner who ideally does acupuncture and herbal medicine you should be well on your way to feeling better within 3 months.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics