Dryness from Soda, or diet?

forum post

Dryness from Soda, or diet?

Published on 12-18-2017

"anon154598" has authored 69 other posts.

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if someone could help me out with this nutritional/energetic theory: Grains are generally neutral (or close) in thermal nature and seem to be used a fair bit for their ability to build and support, yin fluids in particular. I’m fairly sure this nourishing yin aspect is present because grains are (I think) the foods closest to Earth, physically and energetically, which is a yin phenomenon - speaking from the Yellow Emperor’s Classic. So being more yin from that…

This link by Chad is excellent, along with the blogs. So I IMO would think sodas contribute to dryness in the stomach. Would that be because of carbs? Grains should be a staple of the diet shouldn’t they.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Dec 2017

Many traditional hermit types, a good number of past and present Chinese Medicine practitioners and others for a variety of reasons do not eat grains - or if they do they are minimal. In most modern cases, grains should not be anywhere near the staple of the diet - whole foods - fruits, vegetables, and legumes should take that place.

Sodas are so bad on so many levels with regards to psychiatric health, diabetes, and nearly every other inflammatory based condition they are not even worth discussing. They should be eliminated in all cases from every persons diet.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics