Finding a practitioner in CA

forum post

Finding a practitioner in CA

Published on 06-24-2015

"anon116606" has authored 2 other posts.

I will be in CA for a few months and want to know how to find a good Acupuncture Doctor in San Francisco.
If I understood my current Dr. It sounds like CA has their own Board and aren’t part of NCCAOM.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "anon125171"
on Jun 2015

Although California has it’s own licensing exam, the impression I have is that this is not a reflection of CA’s educational/training requirements being lesser than those of NCCAOM’s. In fact, I believe there are elements of CA licensing that have more stringent requirements than NCCAOM.

My point is that finding an acupuncturist in California will be much the same process as anywhere else; there’s probably some bad ones or ones that don’t resonate for you, and there’s probably some awesome one’s that will totally work for you. But anyone with a California license will have similar training to a NCCAOM LAc

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jun 2015

Many practitioners in CA will still have NCCAOM credential and show up on their directory of practitioners. They simply have an additional exam. No state is “part” of the NCCAOM, simply some use their certification and your schooling for licensing. In many states keeping your NCCAOM credentials is not required, but it makes it easier if you were to relocate to another state at some time.

So to find a practitioner, use google, use the NCCAOM website, etc. There are a plethora there and many are quite good, so you won’t have any troubles finding one.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon116606"
on Jun 2015

“So to find a practitioner, use google, use the NCCAOM website, etc. There are a plethora there and many are quite good, so you won’t have any troubles finding one.”

Thanks, that’s the info I needed (how and where to search).

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics