Heat in lower burner

forum post

Heat in lower burner

Published on 05-13-2016

"anon140520" has authored 2 other posts.

Hi all,

I hope someone can help. I have had a big problem with damp heat and couldn’t seem to get it resolved. However I found this excellent vwebsite which gave me the points to clear damp heat in the lower burner. This is now done. However I still have heat/fire in my LB and was wondering if someone could suggest acupunture points or herbs that would allow me to clear the residual heat please? I would very much appreciate your help. If you need any extra information to help please ask.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• Acupuncture book - 12-31-2021
  • Small intestine damp heat - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "StephenS" (acupuncturist)
    on May 2016

I don’t see maciociao listing heat in the LB as part of his article so I’m not sure what you are referring to. So with that in mind, what are you specific symptoms and what kind of treatment have you already done?

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on May 2016

To start, are you a practitioner treating yourself? Or just trying to treat yourself for some reason? What symptoms and diagnostic signs are you basing your diagnosis of heat in the lower warmer on?

When you say you used points to “clear damp heat in the lower warmer” and “this is now done” - but then you say you “still have” “heat in the lower warmer” - what do you mean by “this is now done” - it sounds like you’ve experienced no change at all?

What specifically did you do, with what frequency and over what time frame?

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon140520"
    on May 2016

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses. This is quite complicated so bear
    with me. Please understand I have been to see two experiences acupuncture practitioners
    (each for 6+ appointments) and neither has been able to help me – at the end of
    both I felt worse for the next week after going.

About five years ago I got very stressed over doing my
    thesis at university and started to get a tingling on the back of my legs –
    kind a like a firey burning feeling. This made it very uncomfortable to sit. At
    this point I went to see one of the acupuncturists for the first time and it
    didn’t help at all.

Thankfully, once I had finished my thesis it calmed down.
    However, in the next few years, every time I got stressed, the pain returned. Also,
    from this point on, my lips started to get very dry after eating, to start with
    cheese and then other foods started to do it. From then on things have just got
    worse and worse and now I am a mess to be honest.

I wasn’t sure what to do so I tried a nutritionalist who
    didn’t help then I tried a homeopathy person who helped a little but I didn’t
    get anywhere. Then I tried the first acupuncturist again for around 6 times and
    he treated me for liver qi stagnation, which was an issue, but he didn’t treat
    the core problem (I now understand) so I gave up.

Then I did a lot of research myself (I read a lot and bought
    Maciocia’s tongue diagnosis book) and then understood that my tongue was a
    hammer shape (severe stomach/spleen/kidney qi def) and that there was a thick
    coating yellow coating at the back of my tongue. After this research, I went to
    see the next practitioner and decided that she would treat my qi def but again
    it wasn’t the core problem. Every time I left I felt worse and worse each week.

Now I really wasn’t sure what to do. From my research, I realised
    I had damp heat in my lower burner but neither of the acupuncturists did
    anything about it.

At this point, I should say that I am not an acupuncturist
    at all but I was introduced to healing tuning forks which work in a very
    similar way i.e. they stimulate the relevant meridian depending on the point
    you press. You may be sceptical but they do work so please just trust me on
    that. Also, I may sound a bit risky doing it with training, but because they
    are tuned to a particular frequency, they do not cause any trouble providing
    you don’t use them more than once. If you are interested in reading about them
    google ‘tuning forks for healing’.

Anyway, I digress. So now I knew I had damp heat and just
    need to get rid of it. I knew for definite I had damp in my liver/gall bladder,
    as I needed digestive enzymes, so I tried those relevant points I found on your
    website, with my tuner. However, nothing happened. So after a bit of research
    and googling, I found the article I sent through previously and the points for
    damp in the lower burner i.e. ST28, BL22, Ren5, BL39, SP9, SP6, KL7. I had
    never seen these before on a website or book so I gave them ago and finally
    things started to happened. After about three weeks (of some big poos), I tried
    my liver/gall bladder points again and it worked. I now, after about two years,
    no longer need digestive enzymes.

Now I have realised that I have damp heat in almost all my
    organs. I have pretty much cleared it all now but then I realised that I need
    to clear the fire that is left over. Then I need to sort yin def and then
    finally qi def.

I know that is a long winded answer and, to be honest, is a
    very sort list of the problems that I have had. My body has been ravaged with
    damp heat etc for the last five years slowly getting worse and worse and nobody
    knew what was wrong. This has led me to severe depression and many other
    emotional problems. However, with the help of my body tuner, and my Maciocia
    books, I am finally making progress. I have actually taken photos of my tongue
    over the last 18 months and it is interesting to see the differences.

Ok now to get to
    my question: because I haven’t managed to find the pattern for damp in
    the lower burner (ST28, BL22, Ren5,
    BL39, SP9, SP6, KL7)anywhere in a book or internet, I do not have a pattern to remove
    the fire that is left over. The issue is can feel it again behind my thighs and
    I am not stressed at the moment. Maybe there isn’t a pattern but herbs I could
    use?

What do you think? I hope that makes some sort of sense.
    Life has been very difficult for me but I finally have some hope again that I can
    get better so that is great.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

David

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon140520"
    on May 2016

Also can I add that I am just guessing the pain under my legs is this. Although I am not so sure how as it flared up yesterday during pericardium time (7pm-9pm) then calmed down after that. I am currently being treated for phlegm Fire harassing the heart so it could be related but not sure?

Also, which points would be used to clear spleen fire? Would it be spleen 2 and 4?
    Thanks so much for your help. I am really not sure where else to turn.

Thanks
    David

top Login/Comment

on May 2016

While I appreciate the back story generally and the need for help and your pursuit of Chinese Medicine knowledge, could you please back away from all the mixed Chinese Medicine terms and the long discussions of various things you have done and as succinctly as possible describe with few words what your real day to day symptoms are right now in western terms.

Along with that, again in as few words as possible, describe your daily diet and if you have any exercise what that is and how frequent.

Finally a picture of your tongue would be helpful.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon140520"
    on May 2016

Ok. No problem.
    Here is my tongue and most of my current symptoms:
    Insomnia/wake multiple times each night
    Dry mouth at night
    Depression
    Poor appetite
    Lots of allergies to food
    No taste
    Unable to build muscle
    No energy In general or to speak
    Anger
    Cold hands and feet

My diet is gluten free porridge and walnuts(bf); lentil and carrot soup (lunch); meat (no beef) with spiced eggy rice (evening). This combination stops an pain in my cheeks or lips so I just have just stuck with it.

I do manage an hour walk every few days but it is a struggle because, due to poor advice, my left glute medius is weaker than my left which means my pelvis is squint. This means I have knee and hip pain when walking. This has been the case for the last two years but I can’t fix it until I can build muscle again.

Thanks

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon140520"
    on May 2016

comment by "anon140520"
    on May 2016

comment by "anon140520"
    on May 2016

comment by "anon140520"
    on May 2016

i hope they were of sufficient quality?

Thanks for your help with this. If i was nearer i would consider visiting but i am in Scotland.

top Login/Comment

on May 2016

Some of my commentary and further questions are below…

David_M:

Insomnia/wake multiple times each night (how many times and for how long - and you fall asleep fine? - what times do you sleep from and until and what times do you wake up (if they are consistent))

Poor appetite (what does this mean? no interest in food or you have symptoms like bloating, etc. after meals)

Lots of allergies to food (What happens exactly and with what foods?)

No taste (Do you mean food tastes generally blank, or that you truly have no taste ast all? - does this come and go?)

Unable to build muscle (how are you trying? - and you are seeing true atrophy, or just not feeling stronger?)

No energy In general (this I doubt to some degree, you may not feel great, but people with no energy do not write forum posts this long… I’m not judging what you are saying just trying to get you to clarify it for me and for yourself) or to speak (again same as before - you seem to have if anything an excess loose energy (i.e. anxiety) that can leave you feeling fatigued in relative terms, but you have far more heat signs (excess) than true deficiency signs.)

AngerCold hands and feet (both signs of liver qi stagnation)

Do you take any western medicines? (or have you) - if so what and for how long with what result?

Once I get these general answers I will PM you some general recommendations. You have to take these with a grain of salt however as there is only so much I can offer over the internet. You will be best served by working with someone locally if at all possible.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon140520"
    on May 2016

Chad_Dupuis:

Insomnia/wake multiple times each night (how many times and for how long - and you fall asleep fine? - what times do you sleep from and until and what times do you wake up (if they are consistent)) Falling asleep isn’t too difficult. I normally wake up 2-3 times. Times aren’t particularly consistent though. 5am+6am
    Poor appetite (what does this mean? no interest in food or you have symptoms like bloating, etc. after meals) I don’t have interest in eating and once i do start it is difficult wanting to eat.
    Lots of allergies to food (What happens exactly and with what foods?) When i eat anything with wheat/gluten/sugar/diary/oils/simple carbs I get a pain in my cheeks just under the bone. i also have dry lips with the above foods too.
    No taste (Do you mean food tastes generally blank, or that you truly have no taste ast all? - does this come and go?) Things just taste blank. I can taste a little sweet or salt but nothing else. I never realised i couldn’t taste until when my bile was initially unblocked I could taste things again and i didn’t have the allergies mentioned above. However after about two weeks things went back to normal again.
    Unable to build muscle (how are you trying? - and you are seeing true atrophy, or just not feeling stronger?) **I try to an special exercise to build muscle on my left glute med but after about 18 months of doing it it hasn’t really grown at all. ** I also had to have small operation to remove an infected cyst from my back and it took about 6 months to heal when most people would take three.
    No energy In general (this I doubt to some degree, you may not feel great, but people with no energy do not write forum posts this long… I’m not judging what you are saying just trying to get you to clarify it for me and for yourself) or to speak (again same as before - you seem to have if anything an excess loose energy (i.e. anxiety) that can leave you feeling fatigued in relative terms, but you have far more heat signs (excess) than true deficiency signs.) I guess no energy is a bit strong but i suppose i just feel fatigued.
    AngerCold hands and feet (both signs of liver qi stagnation)

Do you take any western medicines? (or have you) - if so what and for how long with what result? No i don’t take any. I went to the doctors and then said there was nothing wrong. I did go back again but they just offered me anti depressants and i don’t want to take them.

Once I get these general answers I will PM you some general recommendations. You have to take these with a grain of salt however as there is only so much I can offer over the internet. You will be best served by working with someone locally if at all possible.

Can i also say that just in the last three days i have developed rather water saliva which is very irritating. I understand this could be to do with my spleen. Do you know how i could potentially get rid of this?

Thanks for your help.

top Login/Comment

on May 2016

Thanks for the extra information, I sent you a PM with my recommendations. If you follow them you should do well. Feel free to follow up after you have given it my recommendations a month or so.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon140520"
    on May 2016

Great thanks for your help Chad.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics