Peripheral neuropathy

forum post

Peripheral neuropathy

Published on 07-28-2013

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

Hi, What would be the best acupuncture points to treat a patient that has peripheral neuropathy of hands and feet due to a chemotherapy treatment of a multiple myelome with velcade .

Thanks

(Sorry I am french so maybe this is not clear...)

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Aug 2013

As always start with the patients diagnosis and treat accordingly from that adding in local points for localized qi and blood stagnation. In our system we would use the following points for multiple myeloma in addition to those for their underlying diagnosis overall:

Huatuo of T1, T2, T3 (bone marrow, thymus gland, and lung/lymph respectively).

Huatuo of T7 (any blood related problems)

Huatuo of T9 on the R side (liver)

The probably localized points like ST 36, UB 60, UB 62, SP 3 for the condition overall and the neuropathy.

top Login/Comment

comment by "Alanowarr"
    on Aug 2013

I&#39m a shiatsu practitioner and have successfully treated fibromyalgia - I imagine the same approach would help with peripheral neuropathy. In my case a hara diagnosis revelaled an imbalance in WOOD. I found treating GB21 and LIV3 helpful as well as "pushing the spine" laterally using gentle but firm finger pressure. Working the Yu points on BL spine especially BL18, BL19, BL23 and BL25 - the client expressed a relief in pain for the first time in 7 years

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics