Qigong Fasting - 3 Days with little food intake but energetic and clear mind

forum post

Qigong Fasting - 3 Days with little food intake but energetic and clear mind

Published on 02-19-2013

"feax" has authored 6 other posts.

Have a nice a day,

Last month I was doing a lot of sitting meditation at nights and chi gong in the morning and chi gong every time I was hungry. Also cause I had damp in the intestines and cold hands, feet, legs, intestines, I used heat herbs to dry the water. I was eating when I was hungry. I put food in the tongue and I tried to see If I was hungry. Even though my body sometimes was stressesed, muscles contracted and angry I was not hungry. I was eating fruits, vegetables, brown rice boiled but dried no soup, oak flakes and herbs that had heat inside. No tomato, No bread, No dairy products, No oil. I was getting oil from herbs like oregano, cinnamon. I was overweight and I had a lot of fat to burn.

For the last 3 days I have a lot of energy I sleep well, I do many things that have stacked for long time. My body just wants to drink water, I ate just 3 bananas coz I worried. I speak nice to people, I got new customers and money, I pray at night for my healing ancestors, my stomach is not googling anymore, my tongues cover is less sticky, my legs and arms are strong, I can jump, dance, no more stomach reflux, I can taste and smell better. I will return back to eat if I am hungry or when I feel tired. But 3 days with lot of water and little food is something I could never believe it before it could happen.

This situation is new to me. I don't feel hungry. I like drink water. And I mean a lot of water. Yesterday I drunk about 4lt. I have read Tom Tam's book about chi gong fasting 3 years ago but I didn't believe it. Now what can I say?

If this level of energy can achieved with little food then I have to collapse all western thinking and learning that I spent studying at school and at home for 40 years.

Here the weather is 65% cold water humidity and even though I drink water slightly hot as my body likes then it get cold at the tips of my hands. Urine, stomach, spleen, kidneys, Lungs are not cold not hot.

Is there a neutral herb that keeps the heat in the body water?. or is better use moxa in the umbilicus to warm up. Why the tips of the hands is cold. Is that a Blood Heat Deficiency?

As this situation is new to me please tell me if you have experienced first hand something like that?

Makis Mouzakitis

PS. Do not try the above. This is not a situation you can enter in 1day. I tell you my story for feedback. Maybe I am wrong. I am an experimental practitioner and I am doing research on my own danger. You need a lot of knowledge to do this otherwise you end up sick.

This post has the following associations:

Formulas: bao he wan, jia wei xiao yao wan, shu gan wan, xiao yao wan

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Feb 2013

You should consult locally with a TCM practitioner and get proper treatment. On your own, generally speaking, moxibustion is often safer than the improper use of herbal medicine. With your history of heat in the stomach and what sounded like liver stagnation you would have to watch the improper use of warming herbs. You can resolve dampness through many means and you have to watch adding fuel to the fire so to speak. This is where consultation with a practitioner who can look at all of your signs and symptoms and ask relevant questions is crucial. Cold hands and feet can be signs of stagnation more than an internal weakness. And patterns of internal heat can lead to sensations of coolness. These take a trained eye to decipher properly.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Feb 2013

I&#39m not sure Bao He Wan will be strong enough for you. Given what you have indicated and with the appropriate caveats that I cannot strongly recommend anything without having seen you myself I would head more towards either Bao He Wan with Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan or Shu Gan Wan (probably most indicated with the yellow tongue coat) either alone or with Xiao Yao Wan.

top Login/Comment

comment by "feax"
on Feb 2013

Thanks Chad for your info.

I dont know of any locally practionioner who knows TCM Herbs.

At first I thought that I should try to add more heat at intestines and kidney and dry the damp.

After I had dried the damp in the intestines I noticed that internal heat is clear. Hot breathing, red mouth at the back, dry nose, dry eyes, red eyes, stomach heat, sticky light yellow phlegm in the morning found on the tongue.

I should had pay more attention to excess stomach fire and the fat pulse at first time.

Now I am on a diet to cool the chronic Stomach Fire which caused due to eating too much nuts and sweets and meet all December and christmas holidays. And that time I have changed completely what I should eat and how to cook. I have to look for new recipes.

I have ordered herbs to make Bo He Wan formula for Stomach Fire.

Shan Zha (Fructus Crataegi, Hawthorn Fruit, Crataegus)

Shen Qu (Massa Fermentata, Medicated Leaven, Shen -chu)

Lai Fu Zi (Semen Raphani Sativi, Radish Seeds, Raphanus)

Chen Pi (Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae, Tangerine Peel, Citrus)

Ban Xia (Rhizoma Pinelliae Tematae, Pinellia Rhizome)

Fu Ling (Sclerotium Poriae Cocos, China -root, Poria, Hoelen)

Lian Qiao (Fructus Forsythiae Suspensae, Forsythia Fruit)

I will start with 1g per day then increase if needed.

Now that I am better practiotioner at bodywork and acupuncture I have more time to study herbs. I am new to herbs only two years of styding western herbs cause are more popular here. Now I am studying Chinese Herbs also. TCM is a big chapter. I need to find somebody to study chinese herbs from distance or find enough money to go study at China.

Thanks again Chad for your comments.

top Login/Comment

comment by "feax"
on Sep 2015

Chad,

you were wright. I had and still have some liver stagnation. I dont have anymore heat stomach. I dont eat hot anymore. Now I have more expierience as a practioner and I understand more things.

I was working 20 years sitting in an office, no exercise, eat badly and got 120Kgs. I had difficulty of joint movements and movement in general (liver).

It took me about 7 years to stabilize. Now my body starts to be more active.

TCM therory is great for diagnosing.

Thanks for your help.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics