Tongue Diagnosis and Acne

forum post

Tongue Diagnosis and Acne

Published on 07-27-2018

"anon154527" has authored 3 other posts.

I can not find the way cure this persistent acne. I cured myself with TCM and Neigoing/Qigong/Neidan to feel as wonderful being but this one is to persistent and I can’t find cause. I changed my diet to most plant based food but it still didn’t help much.

(I have only one local TCM doctor who I think is hoax so I’m left by myself)

If you have any suggestion what is cause and which pattern medicine to take I would be glad if you can point me out.

(Back story I was so sick years ago I could not even move from bed and as in constant suffering so it miracle that I can even function)

Pulse is often rapid (after meal especially) and it’s strong on general (my chest is often pounding and when I lay day on heart side I can really feel it uncomfortable)

(Tongue Photos below)

Thanks for any tips.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• Hello, question - 12-31-2021
  • Fen Ci Fang Formula - 12-31-2021
  • E. Coli Pattern medicine/herbs - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "anon154527"
    on Jul 2018

To be more precise there are red dots on the tip which spreads to the sides of the tongue (the end below middle of the tongue) and there are cracks on the sides and in the middle line but it’s not much visible on the photo. The crack is not straight line but just broken line and most deep cracks are on the front-middle of the tongue.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Jul 2018

Let’s start with clarifying when you say “I cured myself with TCM” - what did you do exactly. Are you currently receiving acupuncture and/or taking herbal medicine and if so what, why, for how long and with what result. And is the tongue a before and after or is that the same day? I ask because they look fairly different…

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon154527"
    on Jul 2018

I used pattern medicine and qi gong, I do not using anything right now as I do not know what I should attack to clear the skin. The tongue is the same day but in different light so we can see it in different contrast but it’s the same.

Thank you

top Login/Comment

on Jul 2018

What formulas and qi gong specifically and what did your tongue look like previously, ie what was the original pattern you feel that you resolved successfully?

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon154527"
    on Jul 2018

FANG FENG TONG SHENG WAN
    Zhi Bai Di Huang Wan
    zhu zhen an zhuang wan
    Dang Gui Liu Huang Wan
    BA ZHENG WAN
    BAI TOU WENG WAN
    DANG GUI LIU HUANG WAN
    FANG FENG TONG SHENG WAN
    HUANG LIAN JIE DU WAN
    LI ZONG WAN
    LIU JUN ZI WAN
    JingJieLianQiaoTang
    BU ZHONG YI QI WAN 1x ER LONG ZUO CI WAN
    Gui Pi Wan
    HUO XIANG ZHENG QI WAN
    JIA WEI XIAO YAO WAN
    JIN GUI SHEN QI WAN
    JIN SUO GU JING WAN
    LI ZONG WAN
    LIU WEI DI HUANG WAN
    MING MU DI HUANG WAN
    SHENG MAI WAN
    SHI QUAN DA BU WAN
    SI JUN ZI WAN
    SI WU WAN
    BEI XIE SHEN SHI TANG JIA JIAN
    long dan xie gan tang

I used it them thru couple of years. Qigong practices I’m doing are not shareable at this moment - I’m anyway slacking in them but if there is no hope from TCM then I will just do them more intensely .

Generally coating changes thru those years but the cracks, teeth marks and red dots stay all the time on the tongue.

top Login/Comment

comment by "leapingfrog"
    on Jul 2018

Heat … Li 11, Sp 10 (vent toxic heat in the blood, vent that heat through the skin) is what comes to mind when looking at your tongue. It looks like the tongue is scalloped which may be an underlying dehydration issue in the body. Look for an acupuncturist / herbalist that specializes in skin problems. The body takes about 3 months to hydrate according to Dr Batmanghelidj who spent his life researching the effects of dehydration. Check out his recommendations for hydration … maybe check out magnesium levels in your body. Dr Carolyn Dean has written a good book on the effect of lacking magnesium.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon154527"
    on Jul 2018

Thanks. I drink pretty a lot of water.

I used to pattern medicine for toxic heat and it felt better but still didn’t resolve bumps appearing and disappearing.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon154527"
    on Aug 2018

So do you have any tips?

top Login/Comment

on Aug 2018

Generally looking through your formulas and not knowing how much you took of and when you took this with others or alone, etc. (basically not knowing much from the list) - most of the yin formulas would have possibly complicated your already hampered spleen deficiency and most of the tonifying formulas were likely just to add in more heat. Proper treatment generally requires the right order of approaches - i.e. clear heat and damp first, then depending either balance yin or tonify. So I would start by clearing first. Realistically though, if you feel generally good minus some acne, I would just eat well, stay hydrated, heavily avoid stimulants, sugar and dairy and just keep doing your qigong mixed with moderate amounts of walking and seated meditation and give that a few years. I think you’ve done some interesting layering by taking such a combination of formulas and in my opinion your body simply needs a break from that approach.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon154527"
    on Aug 2018

but clear heat from lower, middle, blood or in general? what is the best way to tonify spleen? Gui Pi wan have no visible effect to be honest, can you give examples of formulas for that?

thank you

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics