Venous prolapse will call heavy legs in tcm terms

forum post

Venous prolapse will call heavy legs in tcm terms

Published on 04-22-2019

"anon183785" has authored 8 other posts.

with my venous heavy leg problem which am trying with help of my prayers to make a revolution and sure it although they say its incurable;

i would be real happy if you would ask your teacher whether or how he would adjust my designed formula ,as soon have it approved by a reputable known tcm expert ,will go forward and have it formulated "

http://file.scirp.org/Html/1817.html

Xu et al found that oral administration of herbal medicine (Buyang Huanwu Decoction) could increase the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and microvessel count
Wound Management & Prevention Oriental Medicine and Chronic Wound Care: Theory, Practice, and Research

Abstract   In East Asian countries, oriental medicine (OM) has been used for thousands of years to manage a wide variety of chronic wounds, but in western countries the role of OM in wound care remains to be established. To summarize...

accordingly
can be formulated a formula out of the or some of the following herbs ,and will be in harmony synergy each other ?
all i did was presenting an idea of roughly looking formula that should be kind of full spectrum in dealing with heavy legs issue that so many middle age people are facing nowadays"
but since am only a researcher and not a herbalist etc
i very possible missed some points like tcm principles ;
Within each formula exists a specific hierarchy of herbs:
Chief herb:
This herb has the greatest effect upon the principle problem and it is the most important ingredient. It is the energetic and therapeutic focus of the entire formula.

Deputy herb:
These herbs support the Chief herb in the treatment of the principle problem. Deputy herbs usually address secondary signs and symptoms.

Assistant herb:
The role of assistant herb is to support, and reinforce the effect of other herbs. They also help moderate or eliminate any harsh properties of herbs within the formula.

The principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine prescriptions usually contain several different functions herbs called a “fufang”. The formulation is based on the principle of “Jun-Chen-Zuo-Shi (君-臣-佐-使)” based on each ingredient’s function in the formulation. “Jun (君)” ingredient (emperor) treats the main cause of the disease. “Chen (臣)” ingredient (minister) enhances the actions of “Jun” or treats accompanying symptoms. “Zuo (佐)” ingredient (adjuvant) reduces or eliminates possible toxic effects of the Jun or Chen herbs but also treats accompanying symptoms. “Shi (使)” (courier) helps to deliver or guide the other herbs to the target organs.

Radix Astragali Membranacei Huang Qi {spleen /stomack}
Rhizoma Atractylodis Macroceph cāng zhú Baizhu {spleen /stomanch}
poria sclerotium Fu Ling spleen / digestion

Radix Angelicae Sinensis dang gui replenishes and activates blood
Aralia elata/Japanese Angelica Tree
Radix Paeoniae Rubra (RPR) Red Peony Root Chi Shao
is the dried root of Paeonia lactiflora Pallas and Paeonia veitchii Lynch

Paeonia albiflora White Peony root Bai Shao Yao

activate blood= =
]Chuan niu xi ( Cyathulae Radix)
] Niú xī (Achyranthis Bidentatae Radix)
]Yan Hu Suo| (Corydalidis rhizoma)
]Ge Gen (Pueraria lobata)
}Su Mu (Sappan Wood); Caesalpinia sappan L; Lignum Sappan
Rhizoma Ligustici Chuanxiong Chuang Xiong
Flos Carthami Tinctorii Hong Hua
Semen Pruni Persicae Tao Ren
Rehmannia glutinosa di-huang, shu di-huang

Spatholobus (ji xue teng) Spatholobus (Stem) Extract enrich the blood, activate blood circulation, and remove obstruction of the channels and collaterals; produces a chicken blood-like juice when its bark is broken.

Rhizoma Coptidis Huang Lian clearing damp-heat
Scutellaria baicalensis Huang Qin remove heat and invigorate the blood
Phellodendron amurense Huang Bai drain heat
Gardenia Jasminoides Zhi Zi (Shan) drain fire
Lonicera Honeysuckle flower (jin yin hua) clear heat
Arctium Great Burdock (niu bang zi) Expels wind-heat

Cinnamon Bark the twigs (gui zhi) and the inner bark (rou gui) Lumbricus Earthworm dì lóng ==stops tremors Codonopsis (dang shen) poor man’s ginseng
Ginseng

Glycyrrhiza = harmonise

very sincere

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Apr 2019

Not entirely sure what your question is, but the most important thing missing in your analysis is the specifics about the individual you are treating (I’m assuming yourself). What you are doing is taking a symptom, justifying it with a few studies and then taking guidance from those to create a formula. What a practitioner would do for a patient is first forget completely why they are there at all (i.e. not focus on the symptoms) - diagnose them in basic terms first, then justify the symptoms based on a process inherent in that diagnosis and then tailor appropriate formulas to the root cause, with perhaps some tailoring to the symptoms.

Even with venous insufficiency in western terms (which is what I’m assuming you are talking about) you need to look beyond that towards the why? Is it blood sugar leading to neuropathy, structural issues in the low back, inguinal hernia, cardiovascular, what? The whole value of Chinese Medicine is to look more broadly and systemically at a situation, not chasing after symptoms and justifying accordingly as western medicine often does.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon183785"
on Apr 2019

yes i agree totally with you and am already coming from there
now am looking to go forward

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon183785"
on May 2019

cant you use a hammer to knock nuts ,although its designed for nails

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House