What is the most common CF?

forum post

What is the most common CF?

Published on 09-15-2010

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

Submitted By: acupuncture_disertation

I am thinking of doing my dissertation along the lines of:

"What is the most common CF seen in practice is this because certain CFs are more/less likely to seek treatment?"

I would love to hear your thoughts on which CF you see more of and why you think this is. Are there more of some CFs in society or is it that some CFs are more likely to come for treatment than others?

Thanks very much in advance for any thoughts.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "archived-user"
    on Sep 2010

The CF technique is use the 5 elements energy to do the treatment, for example: if the patient have heart problem, in 5 elements the heart is fire, only water and earth can cover the fire in our nature world, so you must use kidney(water) energy and spleen(earth) energy to treat the patient. The points should be the kidney&#39s water point , spleen&#39s earth point and heart water point with heart earth point, that will open the water and earth energy channel to treat patient&#39s heart (fire engergy) illness. This is the basic theory of CF technique, it also can use in herb formula prescription techniques.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Sep 2010

I don&#39t use five element acupuncture per se, so my answer will be limited to what I observe and you can glean from it what you will. Certainly life in the US is taxing physically, emotionally, and mentally for many people. Depending on how long this taxation continues you will observe various depths of certain conditions. Overthinking and poor diet will effect the spleen/earth, stress will affect the liver/wood - these two over periods of time may lead to heart/fire, lung/metal and/or kidney/water imbalances. Certainly you can start with any of these but there is a progression in depth in my opinion. Another way to phrase your question which might get you a more usable answer would be what CF do you see with patients from 0-12, from 12-20, from 20-50, from 50+ - for example. I don&#39t think there is a particular CF that stands out but if you look at progression of disease and the influcences of our diets and lifestyle you can see wood and earth being effected in many cases (in my opinion).

top Login/Comment

on Sep 2010

In TCM, the doctor just use the patient&#39s own elements energy to treat the illness and make the patient self-cure, acturaly the doctor just use a side push to help the patient, this is also a different point from western medicion to eastern medicion.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon57843"
    on Sep 2010

As a 5 element practitioner, that is a practitioner trained to diagnose and treat using CF, I think this is an interesting question. However, for dissertation purposes, it is muddled. The &#39most common&#39 CF, meaning what is the distribution in the public at large; or the most common CF seen in practice? So, I would respectfully suggest you need to clarify this before you go ahead, although I&#39m sure your supervisor will point this out. I used to be a university lecturer so, forgive my pedantry!

However, the subject is interesting as, indeed, there seems to be a trend that practitioners notice, inasmuch as they report having a predominant CF in patients. Now, whether that means their style attracts a particular CF, or the practitioners CF is interacting with a patient&#39s element or there is a genuine phenomenon, I can&#39t say. Theoretically speaking, Fire should be the CF most frequently found in the population as a whole, as there are twice as many &#39opportunities&#39 for the body/mind/spirit to find the element. How you could validate this in a study is quite challenging so, keep me posted!

top Login/Comment

on Sep 2010

It is no good for practitioner&#39s 5 elements energy interactive with patient&#39s 5 elements energy during the treatment, even dangerous for the practitioner&#39s health. Unless, the practitioner is a energy master or Qi Gong master, maybe can control the energy problem. To be a good CF practitioner, you should practise Qi Gong or Tai Chi, protect yourself in the treatment, don&#39t let the patient&#39s sick energy go to your body.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon57843"
    on Sep 2010

I agree that interacting elements can drain the practitioner. But, the practitioner MUST interact and test emotions. Part of the skill is being able to do so safely; safely for the patients and practitioner, that is. Emotion work can harm the patient if not done by a properly qualified person. Of course doing Qi Gong is an essential part of practice, but it&#39s an essential part of good health whether a practitioner or not. One reason (among many) I love being an acupuncturist is that the practice recognises the potential for harm to the practitioner that working with sick people has. When I was a nurse, it was never considered an important part of being a good nurse; in fact, the effect of being around sick and dying energy is not thought of at all. Understanding the elements in the self, and knowing one&#39s CF, is crucial to this healing process. Thank you, Feng Mei.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics