Whiter teeth with TCM?

forum post

Whiter teeth with TCM?

Published on 06-21-2012

"marble" has authored 7 other posts.

This might be a rather strange thread, but i am very curious about it. I have noticed a visible deterioration in the color of my teeth. They pretty much lost their whitness and this is bothering me a lot. Origin of the problem aren't stains. I don't drink coffe, soda's nor wine. Teas i drink rarely, mostly i drink filtered water.

Since all my teeth are of same color, it is obviously an enamel deficiency issue. Apart from that i have dark cirles under my eyes and also visible white hairs in front of my head and i am ''just'' 25 years old.

I was diagnosed with Kidney, Stomach and Spleen Qi deficiency and also Liver yang excess.

Since i know that Kidneys regulate bones and hair, and that any dark blue color (like under my eyes) is a sign of Kidney issues, i was wondering if there is a way i could fix these issues with TCM?

I am mostly interested if i can use Moxibustion to do this and if the answer is yes, which points should i stimulate?

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• Backflow of QI - 12-31-2021
  • Marking acu points - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture birthcontrol? - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "marble"
    on Jun 2012

Indeed, i will be using moxa sticks. Once again, many thanks!

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Jun 2012

It depends a little on what type of moxibustion you are doing... but assuming you would be using a moxa stick I think just a 1-1.5 minutes at each point and a 2-3 minutes at CV 6 would be more than adequate...

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Jun 2012

Yes, in theory this would be related to the strength of the kidney system. If you have clear kidney deficiency you could moxa CV 6, ST 36, and KD 3 to help.

top Login/Comment

comment by "marble"
    on Jun 2012

Thank you kindly Chad. Could you please suggest me the amount of time i should spend on each acu point? It is summer where i live now, temperatures are in the lines of 90 degrees Fahrenheit. As mentioned in my previous post, i am fairly young, 25 years old.

As far as my knowledge goes, for tonifications in the summer, 5-6 minutes should be enough, but i would like to check first :)

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics