Herbs That Anchor, Settle And Calm The Spirit - Herbal Functional Grouping (7 herbs)
Herbs That Anchor, Settle And Calm The Spirit General Introduction
- Mostly involves the heart and the liver - irritability, insomnia, palpitations, anxiety, insanity.
- Herbs within this group are usually minerals or shells with side effects of injuring the stomach and/or spleen - most often combined with herbs that nourish the stomach/spleen to offset this.
Herbs That Anchor, Settle And Calm The Spirit Section Summary / Study Notes
- Long Gu, Mu Li - astringent
- Mu Li - softens hardness and dissipates nodules.
- Long Gu - more effective at calming the spirit, often used together to enhance their ability to harness upwardly transgressing yang.
- Zhu Sha, Hu Po, Zhen Zhu - palpitations, emotional distress.
- Zhu Sha - if symptoms are from fright and anxiety.
- Hu Po - invigorate blood and dissipate stasis.
- Zhen Zhu - seizures, convulsions from high fever.