CV 6 Acupuncture Point - Qi Hai - Conception Vessel Meridian
- Chinese Name Qi Hai
English Name Sea of Qi
Location: Midway between CV 5 and CV 7, 1.5 cun below CV 8 (umbilicus).
Precautions: NDN in pregnancy, NPN in advanced pregnancy.
- Actions & Effects:
- Generally, useful for Qi tonification.
- Women's health - hernia, uterine bleeding, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation / cramps), amenorrhea, leukorrhea.
- Men's health - impotence, seminal emission, nighttime urinartion, hernia.
- Deficiencies of the lower and middle warmers - abdominal distention, bloating, edema, poor digestion, loose stools, diarrhea, fatigue.
- Tonify ST/SP Qi Deficiencies.
- Main point for prolapse of any type - rectum, uterus, etc. Lower abdominal and/or genital pain / swelling.
- Stroke, loss of consciousness, weakness of the muscles and body generally.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Main point for building and storing Qi (energy), useful for deficiency conditions - asthma, shortness of breath, general fatigue, etc.
Conception Vessel Meridian Points (24):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are listed within the right side bar.