KD 10 Acupuncture Point - Yin Gu - Kidney Meridian
- Chinese Name Yingu
- English Name Yin Valley
- Location: On the medial side of the knee joint between the tendons of semitendinosis and semimembranosus.
- Point Associations:
- He Sea Point
- Water Point
- Actions & Effects:
- Clears damp or damp-heat in the lower warmer - urgent/difficult urination, genital pain/itching, leukorrhea, uterine bleeding.
- Used to tonify the LV in 5 Phase Treatments.
- Kidney Meridian Points (27):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Ferro, Barbara: New England School of Acupuncture, Point Location Lecture Notes
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Actions & Effects Lecture Notes
For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are below: