LV 1 Acupuncture Point - Da Dun - Liver Meridian
- Chinese Name Da Dun
English Name Large Pile
Location: On the lateral side of the the big toe, .1 cun from the corner of the nail.
- Point Associations:
- Jing Well Point
- Actions & Effects:
- Jing Well Point - loss of consciousness, moves Qi in the genital area.
- Shan Disorder - swollen genitals.
- Lin Disorders.
- Uterine/Menstrual bleeding from excess or deficiency.
Emotional manifestations of LV Qi Stagnation - inappropriate emotions, depression, lethargy.
Liver Meridian Points (14):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Ferro, Barbara: New England School of Acupuncture, Point Location Lecture Notes
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Actions & Effects Lecture Notes
For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are below: