PC 5 Acupuncture Point - Jian Shi - Pericardium Meridian
- Chinese Name Jian Shi
English Name Intermediary Courier
Location: 3 cun above the wrist crease between the tendons of palmaris longus and flexor carpi radialis.
- Point Associations:
- Jing River Point
- Actions & Effects:
- Phlegm issues effecting the chest, heart, lungs a/or throat.
- Heat disorders effecting the heart, chest pain, restlessness, insomina, red tongue tip.
- Sudden heart pain, angina.
- Wheezing with phlegm that you can feel and hear, combine with CV 22.
Distal point for enlarged thyroid.
Pericardium Meridian Points (9):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Ferro, Barbara: New England School of Acupuncture, Point Location Lecture Notes
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Actions & Effects Lecture Notes
For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are below: