TH 16 Acupuncture Point - Tian You - Triple Heater Meridian
- Chinese Name Tianyou
- English Name Celestial Window
- Location: Directly below mastoid process, level with the mandibular angle and on the posterior border of the SCM muscle (in line with SI 17 and GV 15).
- Point Associations:
- Window of the Sky Point
- Intersection Point of the TH & GB Channels
- Actions & Effects:
- Local Point
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the occipital artery and the vertebral artery. Useful for occipital issues, glaucoma, etc.
- Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the Tam Healing system.
- Triple Heater Meridian Points (23):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Ferro, Barbara: New England School of Acupuncture, Point Location Lecture Notes
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Actions & Effects Lecture Notes
For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are below:
Listed in our conditions treated section under »