TH 4 Acupuncture Point - Yang Chi - Triple Heater Meridian
- Chinese Name Yangchi
- English Name Yang Pool
- Location: On transverse crease of dorsum of wrist in a depression on the ulnar side of the extensor digitorum communis tendon.
- Point Associations:
- Yuan Source Point
- Actions & Effects:
- Dorsal wrist issues such as strains, sprains or subluxations.
- Wasting & thirsting disorder, regulates water metabolism, alleviates dry mouth a/or thirst.
- Moxa to tonify the Yang of the body.
- Triple Heater Meridian Points (23):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Ferro, Barbara: New England School of Acupuncture, Point Location Lecture Notes
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Actions & Effects Lecture Notes
For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are below: