Retinal Detachment, kindly ask for help...

forum post

Retinal Detachment, kindly ask for help...

Published on 04-22-2022

"Mohsaninter" is a generally interested contributor who lives in Abbey Wood - this is their first post.

hi, I kindly ask for help, I'm desperate. as a child in my left eye I lost my sight due to trauma. I am 38 years old and now for 8 years the right eye has flashes of light and moving bodies, the vitro has made 2 holes in the retina and they have treated with laser ,, I am afraid for retinal detachment, please help me solve this vitro degeneration, then the retina is white without pressure 360 degrees. .

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: glaucoma, optic nerve atrophy

Acupoints: ex shangming, ex xinming 1, ex xinming 2, kd 6, lv 3, sp 6, ub 1, ub 2

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Apr 2022

While acupuncture and possibly Chinese herbal medicine as well can be helpful in conditions such as optic nerve atrophy (related study), glaucoma, among others, your case is complicated.  Properly applied acupuncture may be helpful in reducing the possiblity of retinal detachment, but it would likely take regular treatments from a well trained practitioner.  If you do not have an acupuncturist nearby, then it will be difficult.

In theoretical terms, Chinese Medicine looks at the liver system as in control of the eyes (note the liver "system" in Chinese Medicine terms is not limited or even that related to your physical "liver" - see "My Liver is What?" for more).  From an acupressure perspective, a few basic things may help (but would be severely limted compared to seeking full regular acupuncture treatment from a professional).  You could try daily light acupressure (press the point somewhat firmly and alternate pressing with slowly rotate finger clockwise for 30-60 seconds per point) - use points such as:

Shangming 

UB 1

UB 2

Xinming 1

Xinming 2

LV 3

KD 6

SP 6

You may get limited response from acupressure, but there is next to nothing that can go wrong, so it is likely worth the effort.  You could do some or all of these points 1-3x/day.  Generally if the point feels sore while you are pressing on it, those would be the ones to focus on (not a universal rule).

top Login/Comment

comment by "Mohsaninter" (general)
on Apr 2022

thanks for the reply, I am worried about the retina and vitreous flashes, I have very dry eyes, okay if I take, Qi Ju Di Huang Wan + Ming Mu Di Huang Wan? is there anything else that could recommend as a supplement for the vitreous and the flashes of light ????  I can also add  "Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan" ???

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics