Abundent Phlegm/Mucus

forum post

Abundent Phlegm/Mucus

Published on 01-27-2014

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

I would like some advice, to help remove the abundent amount of phlegm in my body.

I feel bloated, hot and seem to always have phlegm in my throat. I sometimes weeze and I am almost always out of breath.

This post has the following associations:

Patterns: kidney yin deficiency, liver fire, liver qi stagnation, spleen qi deficiency

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Jan 2014

You have far too many symptoms to give a general recommendation. You should consult locally with an acupuncturist/herbalist and see what they recommend. To better understand how Chinese Medicine practitioners come to a "diagnosis," I recommend you read "What Does Acupuncture Treat?". The article begins a discussion of treating diagnostic patterns vs. western medical conditions.

Phlegm will come from spleen qi deficiency in most cases, but a good practitioner can find if there is a deeper cause. With strong heat signs something like liver qi stagnation or even liver fire would be possible. Or weak kidney system, particularly Kidney Yin.

See someone locally and receive proper care. Proper diagnosis is crucial for Chinese Medicine to be effective.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics