Bells palsy herbs

forum post

Bells palsy herbs

Published on 04-15-2019

"anon61660" - this is their first post.

What is your recommendation for herbs to treat bells palsy?

Laura Knutson

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: bells palsy

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Apr 2019

You would never offer herbs for any western condition/symptom - rather the underlying diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms also taking into account whether this is an acute issue, chronic, recurring, etc. For more on that see “how to choose a formula” and “treating the cause vs. the symptoms”.

Our bell’s palsy treatment section has some of the more common underlying Chinese Medicine diagnoses and some possibly relevant formulas.

Personally for most cases I find properly tailored acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine to be the most effective, acupuncture alone to be second best, and just herbs to be the least effective of the three options.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon61660"
on Apr 2019

It’s an acute issue. It occurred 8 weeks ago and have been under acupuncture treatment for two weeks with no change. Complete paralysis of the left side of the face.

Laura Knutson

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Apr 2019

If you are seeing a practitioner, the person most familiar with your underlying diagnostic factors would be them, so I would ask. If they are confused by your case, I would suggest that they write in themselves so they can discuss their approach in detail and we may then be able to offer more direct recommendations/guidance.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics