Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)

forum post

Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)

Published on 03-26-2020

"anon137341" - this is their first post.

Related Post @ Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - Lifestyle - Theory | Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Blog - Yin Yang House
The weather in my area is about to heat up, rapidly. This morning it was in the high 40’s F with a high in the upper 60’s. A week from now the high will be 94° F. This is a pattern during which I have historically been most susceptible to flu and cold like symptoms. Do you have any advice to reduce the effects of this environmental change that I might share with my community? Thank you! I love your site!

This post has the following associations:

Formulas: huo xiang zheng qi wan

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Mar 2020

You still end up treating what you see in the patient with the weather only being part of the overall equation. But what is really disruptive to the body, generally, is constant swinging back and forth change - rather than any particular extreme. It can be argued that even having hvac systems contributes to this to at least some degree.

Certainly for summer colds and flus the formula referenced in the covid-19 article, huo xiang zheng qi wan, is very often a good choice when it fits the person overall. For the most part you work more with things from a digestive/gut bacteria/inflammation level than straight immune function as you might during more stable seasons.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics