How to lower/cure high lipase serum

forum post

How to lower/cure high lipase serum

Published on 02-26-2017

"anon94933" has authored 3 other posts.

Since May 2016 I have had high lipase serum without any pain. My test result from May 113, lab’s reference 13-60. Repeated test in Dec. 2016 even higher - 132. Ultrasound of abdomen is fine, MRI shows slightly enlarged liver, but liver test OK. Doctor doesn’t know why is that. I have taken 5 accupunture treatments in June (spleen deficiency), without improvement (test in Dec. showed even slight lipase increase). In February 2017 I took 8 acupunture treatments with moxa, and have problem with sleeping, awaken at about 2 AM and can’t fall asleep, I sleep about 4 hours.
I haven’t check my lipase serum yet, but my BS is elevated -102, usually at 90’s
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Feb 2017

Without finding cancer or other causes throughout the GI system pancreatitis can arise from autoimmune factors which are more complicated to diagnose and treat. While acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine can certainly be helpful for a broad range of GI conditions and autoimmune conditions as well - proper diagnosis by the practitioner is key.

Now with regards to acupuncture and fairly complicated conditions you should expect to have treatment more on the order or 3-6 months - not just a few times. I wouldn’t expect much of anything to happen, particularly if your issues are arising from autoimmune factors, in the 5-8 treatment time frame.

We could potentially help you to ascertain a more appropriate TCM diagnosis, but we would have to know far more information that we generally feel comfortable asking in a public forum. The best option would be to find a Chinese Medicine practitioner who practices both acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine - and who has experience with autoimmune conditions (or at least is fully trained in Chinese Medicine and has been in practice for more than 7 or 8 years) and see them for a minimum of 3 months.

Generally speaking a combination of acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine is going to lead to the best result.

If you are saying your sleep was worsened from the acupuncture and moxa (not sure if that is what you are saying, or if it was always bad) - then the diagnosis was probably wrong. Moxa in particular when there is more yin deficient signs (common with autoimmune behavior) may make symptoms worse.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon94933"
on Feb 2017

Thank you Chad for your reply.
I appreciate your suggestions, and going to find an experienced In TCM acupuncturist. Best regards. Danuta

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics