Joint stiffness after femur fracture

forum post

Joint stiffness after femur fracture

Published on 10-17-2014

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

Dear dr, one of my family friend, aged 50 had met with femur fracture in her right leg. plate was fixed and it’s been 2 years now. The problem now is she is unable to bend her knees beyond 45’’ degree. After acupuncture intervention, she can move till 60’’ but not beyond that. The spot above UB 40 is very stiff, but below that is soft… She is currently treated at UB-11 and K 3 to strengthen her bones, GB 34 for muscles and tendons, UB 40 and other local ashi points along with moxa… How should I take forward this… Is there any specific point / method to treat muscle stiffness… Please share ur ideas… Regards…

This post has the following associations:

Acupoints: gb 31, gb 37, gb 39, lv 8, ub 23

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Oct 2014

What is her TCM diagnosis overall in your opinion and do you know/perform tuina at all? If you don&#39t do tuina she should probably see, if possible, someone who does tuina or deep tissue massage to break up some of the scar tissue which will restrict the movement. Cupping or gua sha could potentially be useful as well. Of points you didn&#39t mention, GB 31, LV 8, GB 37 and/or GB 39 would potentially be helpful. I would also work more in the lower back UB 23, etc. possibly with cupping as well.

top Login/Comment

comment by "Ram Kumar" (acupuncturist)
    on Oct 2014

Thank you Dr, I suspected spleen dampness, since she had edema, abdominal bloating, limb weakness.. I started treatment with sp 9, liv 8, sp 6.. Now she is free from edema and other symptoms, except for the stiffness.. So I am treating her more locally...

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics