Menstruation pain for teenager

forum post

Menstruation pain for teenager

Published on 07-23-2018

"anon118588" - this is their first post.

My 13-year old daughter suffers from very intense and very painful menstruation cycles. On the first day of her cycle she usually ends up in a fetal position in tears and in a great deal of pain. Unfortunately, the only relief my wife and I have come up with is mass quantities of ibuprofen which I’m extremely uncomfortable with as a long-term solution and a heating pad. She missed several school days this past year and generally has a very difficult time with this. I’m looking for something which will help her on a monthly basis that doesn’t involve pharmaceutical. Any ideas or suggestions??

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: dysmenorrhea (menstrual pain - cramps)

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jul 2018

Dysmenorrhea is very commonly treated and in most cases completely resolved within 2-6 months with Chinese Medicine. Our dysmenorrhea treatment page has some of the more common approaches from a practitioner perspective. Long story short I strongly suggest you consult directly with a licensed acupuncturist in your area, ideally one who also practices Chinese herbal medicine and give them around 3 months. It is generally pretty straightforward, particularly the younger the patient is.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics