Missed Abortion\Miscarriage

forum post

Missed Abortion\Miscarriage

Published on 12-29-2015

"anon159984" has authored 1 other post.

I am looking for some guidance on treating a woman who has experienced a missed abortion and would like to try acupuncture instead of going for a D&C. At the 10 week ultrasound the doctor discovered that the fetus stopped developing at around 6 weeks. At 10 weeks, she still has no sign of bleeding or passing on its own. Any guidance as to what treatment protocol would aid in miscarriage at this stage so she would not need a D&C. If after a few sessions there is no change, she will take medical intervention anyway.

Thanks

This post has the following associations:

Acupoints: gb 21, li 4, lv 3, lv 8, st 28

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Dec 2015

The treatment would be loosely similar to what you would use for a retained placenta post-delivery with modifications for the patients overall condition as appropriate. Generally, this would be the “four gates” - LI 4 and LV3, ST 28, GB 21, and LV 8. It can be more difficult after 10 weeks, but if it will work it is generally within a 2-5 sessions.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon159984"
on Dec 2015

Do you think electroacupuncture would be indicated in such a case?

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Dec 2015

I think that would be up to the preference/training of each practitioner. In general, no, I don’t think there is an overwhelming reason to use electro for this. Moxa, however, would likely be very useful…

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon74728"
on Nov 2016

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics