Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes

forum post

Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes

Published on 10-05-2019

"anon227342" has authored 1 other post.

Hello,
I have been seeing an acupuncturist for a year and a half now. I have a lot of problems that I believe are due to a pharmaceutical drug. My acupuncturist says I have a weak liver, kidney, and too much “heat.” I have been taking free easy wanderer plus for anxiety and fibromyalgia symptoms, all which have been for the most part resolved. I recently found out the I have cysts and fibroids accompanied with an extremely scanty menstrual cycle. My OB diagnosed me with PCOS as I also have high blood sugar, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure.

After hearing about the cysts in my ovaries, my acupuncturist prescribed warm cycle tea pills 6 pills 3 times a day. I have been feeling cramps since taking them and he said this is to be expected since we are “trying to break up the mass.” Is this normal to feel cramping?

Also, I went for a physical recently and the doctor told me that my liver enzymes are elevated at 33, not by much, but warned me about taking tea pills since they are not tested by the FDA. Can the tea pills raise liver enzymes in the body? I read somewhere that people with “excess heat” should be cautious with warm cycle tea pills.

This post has the following associations:

Formulas: wen jing wan

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Oct 2019

So first, without knowing the brand I can’t comment much on the relative safety of the teapills you are using. That said, your doctors arguments are generally not based in science or any obvious understanding of how Chinese Medicine formulations are created. Regardless if you are in the US, the controls are quite significant for the formulas sold by companies based here, so properly prescribed there is essentially no known cause for concern on the level of liver or kidney damage.

It seems like your practitioner is likely on track, maybe a little meandering, but on track all the less. Technically wen jing wan is from the invigorate the blood and dispel blood stasis category. So outside of the english “warm the cycle” - it’s actually more moving than warming per se - in short I would defer to the experience of your practitioner whether or not it is too moving, etc. for you. Certainly an off cycle or two when working with fibroids is not uncommon.

All that said, many of your deeper issues from my read of it should have been in much better shape after 1.5 years of treatment had the practitioner had a good idea of the way they tie together. No real judgement on your current practitioner, but it might be worthwhile to see if there is someone with more experience in your area. Within 1.5 years, without a wild family history or a complete lack of any dietary/exercise control, you shouldn’t still have all of those metabolic issues. This is important to regulate because, generally speaking, pcos is more of a metabolic issue than it is anything else. Accordingly, to treat it you have to treat all of you - that’s just how Chinese Medicine works. I get the sense from what you are describing that your practitioner has been doing reasonably well, but maybe staying too near the surface and not getting deep enough.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon227342"
on Oct 2019

Thank you for your thorough response, Chad. The brand name of both the tea pills I was/am taking for free easy wanderer plus and warm cycle is plum flower.

My issue is not with the fibroids as they are less than 2 diameters and not causing me problems but I also have cysts on my ovaries. I am not sure which one is causing my scanty periods. Are these able to dissolve/go away with accupuncture and tea pills? I believe my cysts are due to insulin resistance and pcos as I am pre diabetic and cannot lose weight easily/gain easily. My TSH (thyroid) was also elevated and they suspected that I had hypothyroidism, but after a second test it came back fine.

I was also concerned that I’m spending too much time with this acupuncturist but I like to give time for something to work. Prior to this when I started having problems from the pharmaceutical drug I went to a homeopathic doctor who helped me for a bit but I plateaued. Accupuncture/TCM has helped me a lot but now I also feel like I am starting to plateau again. I would have thought that I would be a lot better by now but I am maybe 60%.

Would you say insulin resistance, pcos and fibroids can be reversed with TCM and accupuncture? I don’t want to continue if I won’t see any results. The accupuncture office also offers something called v-steam they suggested to me, where you sit on a pot and herbs are steamed into you. Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it and if it’s helpful for cysts and fibroids .

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics