Sinuses and TCM Patterns that cause dis-ease

forum post

Sinuses and TCM Patterns that cause dis-ease

Published on 08-15-2020

"anon152557" - this is their first post.

I have done a lot of research over the past few weeks for myself and issues that I have so that I may treat them with herbalism in TCM. I am having difficulty with research that I wish to do for my mother who suffers chronic back-to-back sinus infections almost all year. My question is; What patterns in Traditional Chinese Medicine May be responsible for a sinus infection of this type and severity? I will continue to discuss with my mother about the rest of her body to get a clearer picture of what’s going on, but I need help.

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: sinusitis

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Aug 2020

I would start in our sinusitis section, particularly the acupuncture for sinusitis section which has some common patterns.

Remember, however, you arrive at the TCM diagnosis through diagnostic tools such as pulse, tongue, questions, history, palpation, etc. - all the common tools. The actual symptoms are only mildly relevant in ultimate terms - you want the underlying causal framework which is what TCM cares about. I would suggest reading “treating the cause vs the symptoms” to understand the process a bit better in basic terms.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics