Skin rash

forum post

Skin rash

Published on 04-22-2017

"anon133258" has authored 10 other posts.

Yes it is possible that Chinese herbs can have a negative impact if you’re taking a formula that has a conflicting action to what imbalance(s) you have. For example if you have a lot of yin deficiency you don’t want to take a formula that strengthens yang as that can make the yin deficient symptoms worse. That is why we always strongly recommend that you consult with a licensed practitioner. And yes there are formulas that you should not take together. As for Bai He Gu Jin causing skin rash …

Hi Stephen,

thanks for your response!

For the problems mentioned in my post, I am currently taking

BAN XIA BAI ZHU TIAN MA WAN
BAI HE GU JIN WAN
Yi Yi Ren
Re xue wan (did not find this here on the site or anywhere online)

Would it possible for you to tell me based on this information, if any of the formulas could possibly be contradicting ?

Thank you.

Michael

This post has the following associations:

Formulas: bai he gu jin wan

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "anon133258"
on Apr 2017

I’ve worked with a practitioner (from this forum actually) who confirmed my self-diagnosis, based on my tongue and symptoms to be stomach and spleen yin deficiency.

So far I’ve been using moxibustion on ST36 for over 2 years, 2-3x a week with good results. Surprisingly, not systematic… but at least it gives me temporary relief 2-3 days after I use the moxa.

I’ve also taken some herbs on and off from different practitioners with no results.

Then the above mentioned practitioner planned a custom formula for me, however it was very problematic to get the herbs delivered from USA to Europe… so we decided to at least I’ll try and find some formulas that are locally available.

So I ended up with the current ones.

My goal is to treat mouth, throat and nasal dryness as well as the coating / fur on the tongue, crack in the middle and horizontal cracks on the sides.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon133258"
on Apr 2017

ok, thank you.

I’ve already noticed that garlic and ginger make things worse (dryness and coating) so I’ve dropped that.
Only ‘hot’ foods that I might be consuming is cayenne pepper and coffee.

I will try to add the vegetables you mentioned… currently I am having boiled potatoes almost daily.
Also eating lot of dairy… would that be considered ‘cold’ (good) or ‘damp’ (bad) ?

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon133258"
on May 2017

Hi Stephen,

one more question regarding the cold/hot foods.

I’ve been taking turmeric powder for quite some time now… and only recently did some more reading on it in terms of TCM.

As I thought it’s considered hot, same as ginger - which wouldn’t be beneficial for me.

I was surprised when I saw it’s actually bitter and cold, beneficial for liver, spleen and stomach.
Chinese Medicine Living – 22 Mar 17

The Healing Power of Turmeric

By Emma Suttie, D.Ac, AP Turmeric in India and Ayurvedic Medicine Turmeric has been used in India’s diverse cuisine and is one of the main ingredients in curry, giving it that lovely golden y…

sacredlotus.com Chinese Herb: Yu Jin (Turmeric Tuber), Tuber Curcumae

The Chinese herb 'Yu Jin' (Turmeric Tuber) is Spicy, Bitter, Cold, goes to the HT, LU, LIV, GB, and is in 'Herbs that Invigorate Blood and Remove Stagnation'.

but also “Do not use in patients with Yin Deficiency” …

Why is this ?

top Login/Comment

comment by "StephenS" (acupuncturist)
on May 2017

Well very generally speaking yin is the energy that provides rooting/grounding. Herbs that have a stronger moving effect are used with caution because without enough grounding the moving action could actually be disruptive and cause the energy to scatter.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon133258"
on May 2017

ok, I see. Thank you.

really strange how I can see the ‘harming effects’ basically within 12-24 hrs.
As my nose, throat and mouth gets even more dry and the fur on my tongue starts growing…

Quite disappointing as well…

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics