(EX) Taiyang Acupuncture Point
- Chinese Name Taiyang
English Name Great Sun
Location: At temple, in a depression about 1 cun posterior to the midpoint between the lateral end of the eyebrow and the outer canthus of the eye.
Precautions: No Moxa.
- Actions & Effects:
- Temporal, one-sided a/or migraine headaches.
- Eye issues - pain, swelling, redness, photophobia, visual acuity.
- Local point for tootache, facial paralysis, pain, etc.
- Classically mentioned in the Ode of the Jade Dragon for swelling of the breast (bleed bilaterally).
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Headaches, dizziness, eye and/or sinus issues. For migraines use with GB 20 and LI 4.
- Extraordinary (Extra) Points
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Ferro, Barbara: New England School of Acupuncture, Point Location Lecture Notes
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Actions & Effects Lecture Notes
For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are below: