Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)

forum post

Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)

Published on 12-23-2015

"lauwen" has authored 1 other post.

Thanks for a comprehensive and well organized web site. I wonder whether you heard about (and agree with?) a combination of KD7(Fu Liu) and LU5 (Chi Ze) to help with man’s “kidney function”.

This post has the following associations:

Acupoints: kd 7, lu 5

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Dec 2015

As a general rule for -the- way to always treat these kidney imbalances, no, I don’t think any point combination should be used out of habit - rather the points should always be tailored to each individual and their entire system of imbalances.

But, yes, KD 7 is an important point for tonifying the kidney yang energy and LU 5 both spreads out energy and gets it to descend (i.e. it’s use with diarrhea for example), but also as a he sea point it does help to deeply enter the yang organs. It can be a nice combination for the right person.

One important point of the article, however, was that instead of blindly tonifying yang in these cases you need to be particularly cognizant of -where- the yang went. Don’t just tonify out of habit - otherwise you can be feeding the imbalance (or at best managing it instead of resolving it). This is particularly so with westerners who are often a strong mix of yin and yang deficiency - usually starting with yin deficiency from sugar, caffeine, lack of sleep, essentially running on adrenaline and then tapping out, so to speak, their yang energy. Feeding their yang in these cases, such as the way it is often done in western medicine (i.e. by supplying testosterone) often does little or nothing to help them and often leads to further side effects and a deeper imbalance that is harder to resolve.

top Login/Comment

comment by "lauwen"
on Dec 2015

Thanks Chad, for your comments - all very true and enlightening.Forgot to mention that, I’ve also heard, the classical UB23 and CV4 combination should help the aging manhood.

top Login/Comment

comment by "lauwen"
on Dec 2015

Thanks Chad, for your comments - all very true and enlightening.Forgot to mention that, I’ve also heard, the classical UB23 and CV4 combination should help the aging manhood.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics