Migraines

forum post

Migraines

Published on 12-11-2016

"anon113383" has authored 14 other posts.

Years ago I tried acupuncture for my migraines and it really helped. Recently I decided to give it another go as my headaches were getting harder to control and I’ve been trying to cope for the last 2 years with a torn S1 joint. I’m at my wits end with pain management as they’ve told me I need to just deal with it despite having no quality of life and with the new Dea guidelines no one will prescribe the meds that helped me function. My first treatment seemed to help until I walked to my car a…

Have you considered herbal treatment? Acupuncture is indeed extremely helpful in your case but it’s obviously not addressing the root cause and just “bandaging” the symptoms as they come. I’ve helped many people get to the root causes of chronic pain through dietary and herbal therapy. I myself had suffered chronic illness and autoimmune disease (with absolutely debilitating pain) for years–it’s what go me interested in TCM in the first place (because it works).

Would you mind showing a picture of your tongue outstretched, with as clear of a photo as possible with neutral lighting? You’d be surprised the amount of insight that can come from this (it’s how I diagnose and keep track of my own clients long-distance). We’ll investigate the root causes of your migraines. I already have some immediate ideas for what these could be, but I have a few questions:

• How long have you been having migraines?

• Where do they start (e.g. eyes, ears, back of head, jaw joint, etc.)?

• Do these come at a certain time of the day or through any observable dietary triggers?

• What is your sleep like? How much sleep do you get each night? Do you wake in the middle of the night?

• If you’re a woman (I’m sorry I can’t tell from your profile), do you also feel a good deal of pain and/or cramping during your menstrual cycle? Is bleeding excessive, scant, or abnormal in any way?

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics