Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea

forum post

Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea

Published on 06-13-2015

"Robert_Burton" - this is their first post.

I’ve had success with LV3. What is your experience.

This post has the following associations:

Patterns: liver qi stagnation

Acupoints: li 4, lv 3, pc 6, st 36

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jun 2015

LV 3 is certainly a fine point and has many applications in acupressure. With regards to this study in particular, i.e. treating post-operative pain and nausea, it can often be far too dispersing for people who could be in a more weakened state. PC 6 has a more generalized effect on nausea without being too dispersing and ST 36 is more tonifying than anything but can be very useful for many digestive problems.

Point combinations such as the “four gates” (LI 4 w/LV 3) are very useful, but tend to be overused in situations where there may be better choices, where the dispersive nature may lead to other problems.

So, yes, LV 3 can be an excellent point for calming someone, descending excess energy from the head and chest, and resolving stagnant qi and blood in the body (for example, menstrual cramps, chest oppression from a stress response, etc.). In my opinion, however, when in situations where someone may be weakened from surgery, caution should be used except in the most robust of patients.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics