Fei-Fu-Kang, for pulmonary fibrosis

forum post

Fei-Fu-Kang, for pulmonary fibrosis

Published on 06-30-2017

"anon141637" - this is their first post.

I am Farhath from India, diagnosed with ILD pulmonary fibrosis n came to know abt fei-fu-kang Chinese herbal medicine has better results.

I want to know it’s reality, will it helpful to me? And where and how to buy?

Thanks

This post has the following associations:

Herbs: dang shen, gan cao, huang qi, mai men dong, san qi (tian qi), wu wei zi, zhe bei mu, zhi mu

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jun 2017

I’m fairly certain you must be referring to this study - “Pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic assessment of pulmonary rehabilitation mixture for the treatment of pulmonary fibrosis”.

Fei Fu Kang is not a standard formula so you will have to find a well trained Chinese herbalist in your area to make it for you. Within the study the used the composition as follows: “Astragali Radix (1200 g), Codonopsis Radix (700 g), Ophiopogonis Radix (480 g), Schisandrae Chinensis Fructus (360 g), Notoginseng Radix et Rhizoma (240 g), Fritillariae Thunbergii Bulbus (240 g), Anemarrhenae Rhizoma (240 g) and Glycyrrhizae Radix et Rhizoma (120 g) were mixed and then extracted twice in 20 L of 50% ethanol for 24 h each time. The extracted solution was combined and evaporated to dryness under reduced pressure. Then, the crude extract was reconstituted with 10 L distilled water.”

Now certainly the study showed effect and generally speaking pulmonary fibrosis does well with both acupuncture and appropriate Chinese herbal formula. That said, you should never choose a herbal formula based on a clinical study like that - it needs to be entirely appropriate for you - not your condition - see “how to choose an herbal formula” and “treating the cause vs. the symptoms” to understand how things are approached with Chinese Medicine. Long story short, this means you should absolutely see a practitioner and receive proper treatment to assure good results.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon115392"
on Dec 2017

Farhath.
I also have ipf and am interested in obtaining Fei Fu Kang but without success.
Did you ever find a place that makes and sells FFK? If so would you tell me how to contact with them.
Thank you
Jack

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon227938"
on May 2018

There’s also another study - a proposed clinical trial in Hong Kong that was recently recruiting subjects. No date on the weblink - but it’s still posted.

I also have the condition and am looking for alternatives, so hope to hear more about this. I’m on Esbriet and a number of Ayurvedic herbal formulas prescribed by an Ayurvedic physician.

This study will be testing the herbal formula PROLUNG.

This open label clinical study will be conducted in School of Chinese Medicine Clinics at The University of Hong Kong (HKU) to preliminarily determine whether treatment with the herbal formula PROLUNG could improve Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) symptoms, respiratory function and the quality of life of patients with IPF compared with pretreatment baseline. We propose to recruit 30 participants. The diagnosis and screening will be conducted by respiratory physicians. Those who meet the inclusion criteria will be referred by the expert to the PI. The PI will prescribe the formula in granule form to the participants in Traditional Chinese…

Herbal formula treatment PROLUNG in addition to current therapy.

Re the composition of PROLUNG (to compare it to Fei-Fu-Kang/PRM):

Chinese herbal medicine formula PROLUNG with individual herbs of the formula are listed as follows (weight in granule preparation): Huang Qi (Radix Astragali Membranaceus): 2 g Dan Shen (Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae): 1 g Jiang Huang (Rhizoma Curcumae Longae): 1 g Yin Xing (Semen Gingko Bilobae): 1 g Mai Men Dong (Tuber Ophiopogonis Japonoci): 1 g Bai He (Bulbus Lilii): 1g Jin Yin Hua (Flos Lonicerae Japonicae): 1 g Zi Su Ye (Folium Perillae Frutescentis): 1 g Yin Yang Huo (Herba Epimedii): 1g

“This open label clinical study will be conducted in School of Chinese Medicine Clinics at The University of Hong Kong (HKU) to preliminarily determine whether treatment with the herbal formula PROLUNG could improve Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) symptoms, respiratory function and the quality of life of patients with IPF compared with pretreatment baseline. We propose to recruit 30 participants.”

https://trials.pulmonaryfibrosis.org/trials/NCT03274544

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics