Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (Cts)
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing carpal tunnel syndrome (cts). The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
C5 huatuo, C6 huatuo, C7 huatuo, T1 huatuo, LI 18, ST 12, GB 17
- ViewSides of Spine at C5 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C5) - C5 innervates the areas of the larynx and pharynx, area is used for cough, tonsilitis, asthma, neck pain, snoring (often with C3 huatuo), vocal issues (loss of voice, etc.).
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Ther…
- ViewSides of Spine at C6 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C6) - C6 innervates the thyroid gland and is used for a range of thyroid issues - hypothyroid, hyperthyroid, etc. Also used locally for problems down in the arm and hands, shoulder pain, carpal tunnel, etc.
Used extensively within the Tam Heal…
- ViewSides of Spine at C7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C7) - C7 innervates the parathyroid gland and as it has a role in calcium utilization, this point is use dfor a range of bone problems, arthritis, bone spurs, osteoporosis, etc. Also used locally for problems down in the arm and hands, shoulder…
- ViewSides of Spine at T1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T1) - T1 innervates the windpipe and affects the bone marrow, used for a range of lung and immune issues (with T2 and T3), a range of neck issues, releasing exterior heat (colds/flus/fever), neck and shoulder problems. T1, T2 and T3 are used fo…
- ViewUpright Construction (GB 17) - Clears Heat and Regulates the Gallbladder.
- ViewProtuberance Assistant (LI 18) - Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: …
- ViewEmpty Basin (ST 12) - Shoulder pain (esp. that radiates to neck).
Neck/throat issues - tightness/pain.
Cough, counterflow qi, sore, swollen throat (rebellious lung qi).
Internal branch of the ST meridian connects here directly from the Stomach, Spleen & …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
T2 huatuo, PC 6, TH 5, LI 10
- ViewSides of Spine at T2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T2) - T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions with…
- ViewArm Three Li (LI 10) - The following relationships exist between the ST and the LI and can be used to treat ST, LI and SI organ problems:
SI: LI 8 & ST 39
LI: LI 9 & ST 37
ST: LI 10 & ST 36
Shoulder, elbow & wrist pain issues, general achines…
- ViewInner Pass (PC 6) - Similar to PC 3 but more for Chronic Heart symptoms from Qi stagnation.
Opens and relaxes the chest, chest tightness, asthma, angina, palpitations.
Insomnia a/or other spirit disorders of an excess or deficient nature, mania, nervousness…
- ViewOuter Pass (TH 5) - Beginning exterior conditions, tonify for wind-cold, cold-damp & sedate for wind-heat, fever.
Headache from exterior wind as well as migraines and headaches in any area especially with stiffness or pain in the posterior and lateral as…