Re: how to treat cataract in eyes

forum post

Re: how to treat cataract in eyes

Published on 08-04-2007

"rodneyTT" has authored 7 other posts.

to: yyh_staff,

Can i ask some acupuncture points for treating a cataract in eyes? I already used the points of LV3,LI4,ST36, taiyang, LI11.. Can you add some points?

This post has the following associations:

Acupoints: gb 1, gb 14, li 18, si 16, st 2, ub 1, ub 2

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Aug 2007

From a TCM perspective you would have to provide other signs and symptoms and a clear TCM diagnosis for appropriate point recommendations to be made. The points you have listed are fine so long as the diagnosis is related to qi stagnation/deficiency and not something like yin deficiency.

In the Tam Healing system we use massage and/or needling at the following points largely to effect the nerves which innervate the eyes. Points such as the huatuo of C3, yintang, SI 16, and LI 18.

From a more TCM side you may consider points such as:
ST 2, UB 1 or UB 2, GB 1, and/or GB 14.

You may want to read my section on eye and vision problems for more ideas.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Nov 2009

How often and how long treatment is needed will depend greatly on the case, their TCM diagnosis, and your own personal style of treatment. Generally you should see a change within 1-2 months of treatment, so in the case of 1x/week - approximately 8 treatments.

top Login/Comment

comment by "lunadevi"
on Nov 2009

DO THESE POINTS REALLY REMOVE CATARACT, SO PATIENTS CAN GET TRANSPARENT LENSES? HOW OFTEN AND HOW LONG DO WE NEAD TO TREAT?

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics