Chronic Dizziness Caused by Labyrinthitis

forum post

Chronic Dizziness Caused by Labyrinthitis

Published on 03-16-2024

"WillRex" is a generally interested contributor who lives in Cypress and has authored 1 other post.

Hello again.  This is my second post and I’m looking for some advice again!

Six months ago, my wife had her first and so far only episode of vertigo.  It was caused by labyrinthitis.  It left her deaf in her right ear as well as chronically dizzy.  She is very unstable without a 4-wheel “rollator”.  My wife’s ENT doctor told her the dizziness is caused by her deafness in one ear and the confusion this is causing the brain from lack of sensors from her right middle ear, and the only thing that will help is “vestibular rehabilitation”, a type of physical therapy that “retrains” the brain” to compensate for the loss of hearing in one ear.  She has had about 8 of these treatments and hasn’t noticed any improvement, unfortunately.

I have read some encouraging articles about using acupuncture for some symptoms of labyrinthitis, notably nausea, vomiting, and headache, but dizziness wasn’t mentioned.

A couple questions for you:

---  Does anyone here have any experience using acupuncture for dizziness caused specifically by labyrinthitis?  (As you know, dizziness can can have many causes.)  If so, would you please elaborate regarding its effectiveness?

---  If it helps, about how long before noticing an improvement and how long does it take to get back to normal?

Thank you very much for reading this and for any help you can pass on!

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: deafness (hearing loss)

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• Panic Disorder - 02-26-2024
  • Comments / Discussions:

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics