Dizziness after disembarkation

forum post

Dizziness after disembarkation

Published on 08-13-2018

"anon200306" has authored 1 other post.

Dizziness after disembarkation from a long sea voyage. Has been months and still dizzy, especially right sided.

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: dizziness (vertigo)

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Aug 2018

Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine are often used for a wide range of dizziness/vertigo issues. I would suggest you consult with an acupuncturist in your area and receive 3-5 treatments. You should also consult with an ENT if you haven’t already so they can physically inspect your ear canal and run some other standard tests.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon200306"
on Aug 2018

I was asking from the perspective of other acupuncturists using points that they have found beneficial in this condition. Thanks.

top Login/Comment

on Aug 2018

An acupuncturist effectively never operates under the practice of the “best” point for this or that - it is all about effective diagnosis of the underlying causes and proper diagnosis, then tailoring the treatment to the individual - without that the entire value of the Chinese Medical diagnostic system is lost - see “treating the cause vs. the symptoms” for more on that.

That said, if you click on the link I created above you will see that page contains our acupuncture treatment for dizziness page as well as the tam healing for dizziness page - both of which have potential diagnoses and potential treatment option starting points that would then be tailored to the individual.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon200306"
on Aug 2018

Thanks, I was not asking for the ‘best’ point, of course it depends on diagnosis and the underlying cause and tailoring the treatment to the individual! Disembarkation syndrome is not a common western medicine diagnosis I have heard of before. Thanks anyway.

top Login/Comment

on Aug 2018

If you know that “of course it depends on diagnosis and the underlying cause” - then it would be helpful to actually present that information. To get a useful response you need to provide appropriate clinical details - an example would be.

“I have a patient that has been diagnosed with MdDS, they have signs of kd yin deficiency and liver qi stagnation (based on x,y, z). I have treated the patient 3 times in the course of 2 weeks using x, y, z points, herbs, whatever… and while the signs of liver qi stagnation have changed in x,y,z way, there has been no noticeable affect on the vestibular issues - what other approaches could I take”

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon200306"
on Aug 2018

The client has only rung up as she is scared of needles. Have only spoken on the phone so far.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics