Entry exit points for colon to stomach channels

forum post

Entry exit points for colon to stomach channels

Published on 10-11-2008

"Tao29" - this is their first post.

Colon 20 crosses to the opposite side of the body at the nose. Does anyone know if it it crosses back to its original side before entering Stomach 1 or if it stays crossed over and continues to Stomach 1 on the opposite side? This is important when chasing entry exit blocks.

This post has the following associations:

Acupoints: li 20, st 1

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Oct 2008

This is a good question and I may not be the best person to ask as I don't use the five element theories of the entry/exit points very often. My understanding is that yes, LI 20 will connect with the stomach meridian at ST 1 on the opposite side of the body.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon177722"
on Jun 2014

My understanding of this is that LI20-ST1 entry exit block is treated on the same side. This region being the only point where a channel crosses the midline of the body, provides a fundamental connection between the left and right sides of the body. The idea of entry / exit blocks relates to the movement of Qi through the channels as it follows the horary clock flow. This implies that every second day the Qi is flowing through a different side of the body, which may correlate with the idea of consecutive days alternating between Yin and Yang as per the theories within stems and branches.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics