Esophageal Motility Disorder

forum post

Esophageal Motility Disorder

Published on 02-22-2021

"anon176466" has authored 12 other posts.

This may seem very ironic but I am here on behalf of my acupuncturist. She divulged that she has a condition that does not allow her to drink any cold liquids. It would come straight back up her gullet and some contractions/discomfort or in certain cases, cause diarrhea. Is this a possible motor disorder? inflammation? Infection? I would like to inquire for her sake but also to acquire for self knowledge on this subject. Is there any acupuncture point or herbs that can help? Much appreciated.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Feb 2021

I think that is great that you are concerned about the health of your acupuncturist. However, she is the one that really needs to ask for help. Reason being that in order to get help there are tons of relevant questions that need to be asked by both her acupuncturist and, likely, by her western doctor(s) as well.

It could be caused by just about anything and manifest in many ways so proper questioning and proper diagnostic procedures are a must. Factors can range from conditions like ALS or Parkinson Disease, to other rare autoimmune disorders, to other more benign structural/functional issues, and then there are things like Chaga’s which can often be treated with anti-parasitic medications.

She should likely start with a trip to her western md to have proper bloodwork and other diagnostic scans performed. Then with that information, or as it happens sometimes with no further explanation (which is still useful information), go to her acupuncturist and try to work it out collaboratively with them.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon176466"
on Feb 2021

I really appreciate the reply. I will inquire further and see if she has done any diagnostic tests and share any findings. Thanks again for providing some examples that may cause such a condition.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics