How can you treat DVT with Chinese herbs?

forum post

How can you treat DVT with Chinese herbs?

Published on 01-28-2016

"Leepadeep" - this is their first post.

How can you treat DVT with Chinese herbs? I want to get rid of the discoloration of the skin and get rid of the swelling…

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jan 2016

There are herbal formulas to break up what we call qi and blood stagnation and they are often used for both prevention and treatment of deep vein thrombosis. That said, they would require a very specific diagnosis based on your personal medical history. So you would be best served to find a practitioner locally and get proper treatment, acupuncture and herbal medicine as appropriate.

Depending on your overall medical conditions your practitioner, however, may still recommend you see a western physician and consider blood thinners. You can still be treated with acupuncture and even some herbal formulas on blood thinners so it’s not an either or decision in most cases.

top Login/Comment

comment by "Leepadeep"
on Jan 2016

Thank you for your response. My friend is on blood thinners but the blood thinners are not helping the discoloration and the swelling to heal. I just wanted to know if Chinese medicine will help along with the blood thinners to help clear up those issues. She suffers from a S PROTEIN DEFICIENCY which cause her blood to clot. And when it clots it could clot anywhere in her body. Legs,Eyes and Heart. This is why she is on blood thinners. So she had a clot in her leg and now her leg is messed up and she just wants to correct it so she can where skirts and shorts again…

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics